Be Alert: Bradmore has been targeted lately.
Homes with no security measures in place are five times more likely to be burgled than those with simple security measures. Good window locks and strong deadlocks can make a big difference.
Taking just a few steps can make a big difference in keeping your home safe from burglary. Here are a few tips:
- Lock your doors and windows every time you leave the house, even when you're just out in the garden, remembering to double-lock UPVC doors (lift handle and turn key)
- Hide all keys, including car keys, out of sight and away from the letterbox (remember a device could be used to hook keys through the letterbox)
- Install a visual burglar alarm (as part of a suite of prevention measures - a burglar alarm on its own will not prevent entry to your home)
- Install good outside lighting
- Get a trusted neighbour to keep an eye on your property
- Leave radios or lights in your house on a timer to make the property appear occupied
- Make sure the fences around your garden are in good condition
- Secure bikes at home by locking them to an immoveable object inside a locked shed or garage
- Keep ladders and tools stored away; don't leave them outside where they could be used to break into your home
- Ensure side gates are locked to prevent access to the rear of the property
- Ensure rear fencing is in good repair
- Improve natural surveillance at the front of your property i.e. trim high hedges
- Remove valuables from view of ground floor windows
- Store any high value items (i.e. jewellery, passports) in a properly secured safe or bank vault
We hope you enjoy your Bradmore Village Website. Please check in from time to time to find out what is happening in the village and beyond. If you have a particular skill or interest you would like to share within the website for villagers to read then give us a message and we'll take it from there. Also if you have taken a brilliant photo of "Something Bradmore" send it in and we'll try and get it on the front page. Remember, this is YOUR website.
Please try to support our varied Bradmore events that take place throughout the year. They are created especially for you. Help make our BRADMORE community special! If you are new to the village or have never participated in any event you are still most welcome to come along to any of these most friendly events created for our villagers. You will be most welomed.
Find out about our village and what's going on. You will surprise yourself we're sure when you start your next search.
Crime Figures: Crime figures and helpful security advice are updated monthly on this site. Find them in "The Residents Area" under "Neighbourhood Watch".