Planning in Bradmore
Planning and Development
This page is intended to provide residents with a guide to planning in Bradmore and useful links for further information.
Bradmore's Planning Status
The planning authority for Bradmore is Rushcliffe Borough Council. The village is inset from the Green Belt (meaning that Green Belt planning regulations end at village boundary) with the boundary tightly drawn around the existing developed area.
Much of Bradmore is also a conservation area. A map of the key planning areas is below.
RBC produced a useful document about Bradmore in 2009 which remains a good guide to the village. This contains not only clearer maps of the conservation area but a guide to matters on which planning will be required.
How Planning Works in Bradmore
As noted above, Rushcliffe Borough Council is the competent planning authority. When an application is received by them it will be:
- shown on their planning website
- details will be sent to clerk of the Parish Council
- notices will be posted in visible positions near the site of the development
The Parish Council will consider the application within a few weeks (the timetable is determined by Rushcliffe). Like any resident it may support or object to any development. Residents can see the Parish Council's views in the minutes and newsletters online, on the noticeboards or by ensuring that they are on the electronic circulation list.
Residents can object direct to Rushcliffe (click through for guide on how to do this).
Rushcliffe will consider the application together with any objections and publish its decision on their planning website.
Using the Rushcliffe Planning Website
- Following the link will drop you to RBC's "Find an Application - Simple search" page.
- For a small village like Bradmore, the simplest search is just to put "Bradmore" in the Keyword Box and leave the Status as "All". Pressing the blue "Search" button will then show all applications for the village from the most recent backwards.
- The "status" at the end of the brief description will tell you whether the application is "decision pending" (i.e. Rushcliffe is still consulting) or "Decided" when you can look at the decision.
- Note that because we simply used Keyword "Bradmore", the list will contain the occasional application in respect of "Bradmore Road, Plumtree" or similar.
- Clicking the linking on an individual application will give access to all the documents etc relating to the application.
Rushcliffe consult regularly on planning matters and you can have your say by following this link. For information, Bradmore Parish Council's response to the consultation about the Local Plan part 2 (found by following previous link) is:
“The Parish Council OBJECTS to the proposed developments RUDD12-14. This would greatly increase traffic flow and put considerable additional pressure on the A60, particularly at the Ruddington Business Park roundabout which is already a bottleneck”.
“RUD13 extends the Ruddington village boundary considerably into open fields and away from the built up part of the village (and its facilities) and with no natural boundary beyond it to act as a barrier to future incursions onto the green belt”.