History of Methodism in Bradmore

 

Oliver Randall's Bradmore the Village and Methodism 1830-1980  A booklet written by Oliver Randall in 1980 to celebrate 150 years of methodism within the village which can be read online or downloaded as a pdf

Rowland Swift 1979  19th century press reports and census estimate of those attending service in the Chapel 30th March 1851

Chapel Accounts  from 1850 to 1885

Certificate Allowing Chapel to be used for Marriages  transcript of certificate.  The Act of Parliament under which which the registration was made had only been passed the previous year in 1853 - the 16th year of the reign of Queen Victoria.

Guide to inscribed bricks at the Chapel  also includes the receipt for the WW1 memorial in the Chapel 

Various Indentures relating to the title of the Chapel   1835, 1868, 1875, 1903

Listed Building Description  in common with much of the top of Main Street, the Chapel is a Grade II listed building

Accounts relating to Construction of Sunday School in 1904  It seemed that church members subscribed to fund the construction of the Sunday in 1904.  Interestingly the two business addresses now contain telephone numbers - 3 digits was sufficient in 1904!

Two Cuttings and Itinerary together with Photos Celebrating the 150th Anniversary of the Chapel

 The Methodist Chapel in Bradmore - A Radio Voice Recording

The Methodist Chapel at Bradmore was built in 1830 and a celebration was held in 1980 to mark its one hundred and fifty years.  This voice recording was made by Mr Neville Waddingham at the time for the local media.  Neville and his wife Gladys were long standing members of the chapel and were very active in the village.   As a master builder, he designed and built his own bungalow 'The Wynyards', now 35 Main Street.  The recording outlines some of the history of Methodism in Bradmore and the village events to mark its 150 years.  A programme and some photographs are shown elsewhere on this site.

Some historic press cuttings and other publications relating to the chapel from its centenary in 1930.

 

 

 

 

Contact Us

Just click here to get in touch with us.

Send Enquiry